Have you been to any of the country’s favourite National Trust Gardens?
A National Trust garden in Cheshire has been hailed the best in the UK on a list of the top 20.
Tatton Park scooped the top spot in research by Rated People, an index which uses Instagram and Google review data to work out how rated and picturesque each garden is.
The park near Knutsford has 50 acres of landscaped gardens which include a maze and a Japanese garden, plus 1,000 acres of parkland with deer and meres.
There is also a working farm and large playground. Read or full review and top tips here : Tatton Park in Cheshire with children.
The second best national trust garden has been named as Corfe Castle in Dorset.
We visited this castle as part of an Enid Blyton holiday.
Corfe Castle was the inspiration for Kirrin Castle in the Famous Five books, full story here: Four holiday in Dorset: Following in the footsteps of the Famous Five
Here are all the top 20 National Trust gardens.
1. Tatton Park, Cheshire
2. Corfe Castle, Dorset
3. Stourhead Landscape Garden, Wiltshire
4. Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden, North Yorkshire
5. Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire
6. Lyme Park, Cheshire
7. Waddesdon Gardens, Buckinghamshire
8. Calke Gardens and Parklands, Derbyshire
9. Hardwick Gardens and Parkland, Derbyshire
10. Chartwell Garden, Kent
11. Belton, Lincolnshire
12. Scotney Castle, Kent
13. Anglesey Abbey, Cambridgeshire
14. Lacock, Wiltshire
15. Nymans, Sussex
16. Mount Stewart, County Down
17. Tyntesfield, Somerset
18. Mottisfont, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
19. Dyrham Park, Gloucestershire
20. Bodnant Garden, Conwy